Dermal Fillers are injected into the skin to reduce or remove the appearance wrinkles. These biological substances can be used to treat the visible signs of aging on the face, restoring a more youthful and rejuvenated look.
The procedure involves injecting a collagen material – Juvederm© – made of synthetic or natural substances into the skin in order to smooth contours and fill wrinkles in the face. In particular, they are highly effective at correcting wrinkles, furrows, crow’s feet, blemishes and expression lines, acne scars. Dermal fillers can also be used to rebalance and readjust the volumes of the face, i. e. plumping thin lips and smoothing small lines around the edges of the lips, harmonizing the nose or accentuating the forms of cheekbones and chin to restore youthful fullness.
Dermal Fillers: the Procedure
- Firstly, Dr Massimiliano Marcellino will test you for any contraindications to dermal fillers treatment, such as allergic reactions, autoimmunity issues and vascular disease.
- The area of your face receiving dermal fillers treatment will firstly be thoroughly cleansed in preparation.
- A numbing cream will then be applied to make sure the injections cause the minimal amount of discomfort.
- Dr Marcellino will then inject small quantities of dermal filler into your skin in the areas being treated with an ultrafine needle.
- Dermal fillers treatment lasts from around 15 minutes to one hour per session, depending on the number of areas being treated.
- There is little or no ‘down time’ with fillers procedures, meaning patients can go back to their normal activity immediately after the treatment, with no problems or risks.
- The results of these dermal fillers treatments are usually immediate and they last from one month to a year, after which they can be performed again to gain a persistent effect of a young, fresh and healthy look.